Purpose of UCISA
UCISA is a charitable company led and run by members, who give their time freely, for the benefit of all members. The object of the Charity (no. 1161218) is to promote and advance education for the public benefit in information systems and digital technologies and their use in education and research and no other purposes. UCISA is a registered charitable company limited by guarantee.
UCISA Services Limited (USL)
USL (company no. 08818902) is a wholly owned subsidiary of UCISA. USL is a trading company established to generate surplus for UCISA, the Charity, by undertaking trading activities which primarily consists of the running events for members of UCISA. The profits of USL are not distributable other than to its parent, UCISA. Any surplus generated by USL is donated to the Charity as a gift.
These terms outline the rights and obligations of members ("you") and of ucisa ("we", "us").
- Your membership will run for a calendar year and it will start on the 1st January and end on the 31st December each year. Your membership will automatically renew on the 1st January of the following year unless any of the circumstances in the section "continuation or cancellation of your membership" apply.
- ucisa will provide your membership on the basis set out on the membership page. We may amend our membership criteria and benefits from time to time. You should review our website regularly for any updates.
- If we accept your membership form and you pay the membership fee, you will become a member of ucisa and we will enable you access to the member services.
- By signing the membership form, you confirm that you have read and understood these terms and agree to keep to these terms.
- We have the right not to accept your membership form for any reason.
- You must pay the membership fee annually in order to:
- receive the services and benefits which we provide as described on the ucisa website; and
- use the ucisa logo (which will be provided to you by us and should not be copied from our website).
- We will invoice you for the membership fees on receipt of the signed membership form.
- Unless otherwise agreed, you must pay the membership fees within 14 days of the date of our invoice.
- Your membership will automatically renew each year and we will send you our invoice for the upcoming membership year in December of the current membership year. You must pay the invoice by 14th January of the new membership year (unless we agree another payment date with you).
- We may change the membership fee or introduce additional charges at any time before the start of a new membership year. We will notify your lead representative, as stated in your signed membership form, of any changes to the membership fee prior to the start of a new membership year.
- If you need us to quote your PO number on our invoice, you must send it to us with the signed membership form. You must send any PO numbers required for an upcoming membership year at least 30 days before the current membership year ends. The membership fees are exclusive of VAT which shall be charged in addition.
Continuation or cancellation of Membership
- We will automatically renew your membership unless:
- you opt out of renewing your membership in writing by providing at least one month's written notice before the start of the upcoming membership year; or
- payment of the membership fee is not received
- We may suspend your membership and access to the benefits if you fail to pay the membership fee by the required payment date. We will suspend your membership until you pay the membership fee.
- We may cancel your membership at any time if:
- you fail to pay the membership fee by the required payment date;
- you are involved in any activity which we believe could jeopardise the reputation of ucisa or any of our group companies;
- or you do not keep to these terms.
- We will not refund any membership fees already paid if you cancel your membership part way through a membership year.
Personal Data and Marketing
- You must not use the membership directory on the ucisa website for the purposes of marketing or sending of unsolicited marketing or unsolicited calls to other members.
- Nothing in these terms is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between ucisa or any member, constitute either ucisa or a member the agent of the other, or authorise ucisa or a member to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of the each other.
- Any notice or document to be given under these terms shall be in writing and addressed as set out below and shall be deemed to have been delivered:
- if delivered personally, by hand on the date it is delivered;
- if delivered by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second business day after posting; and
- if delivered by email at the time of transmission or if this falls outside business hours when business hours resume.
- Our address for the purpose of written communications is 30 St Giles, Oxford OX1 3LE, and for electronic communications is: email@example.com.
- Your addresses for written and electronic communications are as stated in your signed membership form.
- These terms and any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation are governed by and construed with the law of England.
- The courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms or their subject matter or formation.
These terms and conditions are available to download
Payment and cancellation policyThis booking form constitutes a legally binding agreement. Please note that your booking will not be confirmed until payment is received or you have supplied an official PO.
NB Attendee PO’s should be raised against ucisa Services Limited.
NB Payment is due 14 days from date of invoice.
On submission of your online form you will receive an automatic acknowledgement and an immediate email confirmation of your booking to the Attendee address provided. Joining instructions will be emailed to each delegate two week before the event. We are not responsible for the non-arrival of confirmation documents: if, by 5 days prior to the event, you have not heard from us, please contact us. In the case of an event being cancelled, for whatever reason, ucisa cannot be held liable for any costs incurred (inc travel).
NB Cancellations cannot be accepted after the booking deadline (given on the event page) but substitutions can be made at any time. No shows will be liable for the full fee.
Many of our events are recorded and the content is made available from our website and on YouTube. If you do not wish to be videoed, your voice recorded or your photograph taken please email us providing your name and the event you will be attending.
Overseas delegates outside of the UK and Ireland, must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
The personal information you provide will be held on a database by ucisa. By registering for an event, ucisa can provide you with information relating to your booking and other services via email or telephone. You consent that your personal information Name, Position, Organisational Name (only) will be included in the delegates list for the event and that the list may be shared with delegates, speakers and exhibitors (for information purposes only). All delegates and exhibitors are members of ucisa whilst speakers may be non-members. The delegate list is provided to exhibitors and speakers to enable them to tailor their delivery to the needs of the audience present and to enable you to network effectively with other delegates. If you do not wish to appear on the delegates list or receive this information then please email us.
Event conduct expectations
All conference or event attendees are governed by their organisation's code of conduct or sexual harassment policies. ucisa staff are governed by the ucisa code of conduct:
ucisa is committed to maintaining a safe, non-threatening work environment which encourages mutual respect, promotes congenial relationships and is free from all forms of intimidation or violence. We take every incident of workplace violence and harassment seriously.
All intellectual property rights for any data/report/resources will be owned by ucisa.
ucisa publications are, wherever possible, be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-commercial 4.0 International licence. Subject to the source being appropriately acknowledged and the licence terms preserved, ucisa publications may be copied in whole or in part and incorporated into another document or shared as part of information given, except for use for commercial gain.
Where publications contains resources from institutions; where this material is copied or otherwise reused, both ucisa and the institution concerned should be acknowledged.